For Manufacturing Center Requests, please follow these steps:
Schedule a (virtual) meeting with Mark Eaton or Cameron Micksch. If you have a design concept you'd like to discuss or general questions about machine shop capabilities you can expect this to take 15 minutes. If your design is more developed, we will also discuss various machining options, material selection, etc. and this will take 30 minutes.
After your design review your files will be ready for manufacturing. Submit the fabrication request with your completed files.
Drop off your materials in ITLL Locker #6, Combo 6666 (outside of the west wall of the building). Our staff will generate a quote for your job. Please complete payment via Paypal once you receive the quote.
Our staff will complete your request and contact you once it is ready for pickup.
- If you, a friend, or a teammate cannot come to the ITLL to pick up your part, we offer USPS 2-Day Priority Flat Rate mail for domestic shipping within the 48 states for $13.90.
The cost of shipping includes:
- Delivery time: 2-4 business days
- Insurance up to $50.00 for most shipments
- Up to 70 lbs per package
- The option to request shipping will be included in the email notification you receive when your part is complete.
Manufacturing Center FAQs:
- 1x Hurco VM10Ui 5-axis CNC machining center (10”x10”x8” work cube)
- 1x Hurco VM10i 3-axis CNC machining center (30”16”16” work cube)
- 1x Prototrak CNC lathe
- 2x Hardinge HLV tool room lathes
- 1x Summit engine lathe
- 2x Prototrak manual/CNC milling machines
- 1x Bridgeport manual milling machine
- 1x CNC wood router (2’x2’x6” work cube)
- Woodworking saws
- Drill presses
- All students working on engineering coursework
- Student clubs/groups are on a case-by-case basis
- Researchers and research groups (see cost info below)
Schedule a Design Review with Cameron Micksch or Mark Eaton
- Once you have had your Design Review and submitted your Fabrication Request, you may need to drop off material. Drop off your materials in ITLL Locker #6, Combo 6666 (outside of the west wall of the building).
- Be sure to place it in a box/bag and clearly label it with your name, phone number, and fabrication request number.
- You may also ship your raw materials directly to the ITLL for convenience. Contact Cameron or Mark for specific details.
You will get a notification once your fabrication request is complete. You can pick up your part in the specified storage locker (ITLL Locker #6, Combo 6666)
- For Machining, students are expected to provide their own raw materials. Please discuss your material needs with Cameron or Mark before you purchase them.
- For Woodworking, students are expected to provide their own materials for fabrication.
- For classwork and club related projects, fabrication requests are completed free of charge, except material costs.
- Research work is charged at a flat rate of $100/hour for machining time. This rate is consistent with other campus shops and local market rates. Preliminary quotes can be agreed upon before production begins to avoid surprise charges.
- Research work must be paid to the ITLP through the payment portal using a credit card on our website before parts will be released for pickup.
During the initial consultation, you will be provided with an estimated lead time. Lead times for project completion are subject to change due to volume of work and business needs. Generally, lead times range from 2 days – 3 weeks, depending on the nature of the submission. Please remain patient while we complete your parts – they will get done as soon as possible!