Resources » Printing Services
Student Print Account
ITL network users receive $9 on their ITL print account each semester. So, for engineering students, this amounts to $9 in addition to the print credit made available at ITS computing labs. Additional prints may be purchased via credit or debit card using the online payment system. Print costs are 10 cents for each 8.5 x 11 black ink print and 50 cents for each 8.5 x 11 color ink print.
Note that the print quota software cannot tell if you cancel a print job; it deducts the pages from your quota for any print job you start, even if it does not actually print. So, please think before you print!
The ITL Laboratory has a large-format printer for engineering students, staff, and faculty to print posters for coursework and research projects.
Printing Hours (Evenings only)
Drop-off hours Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm
Monday – Thursday 8:30p – midnight
See student tech staff in purple vests
*Please note - no poster printing will be done during the day for students, faculty or staff.
Creating Your Poster
- Create your poster as the finished size in PowerPoint. (e.g. 36" x 24")
- Use sans-serif fonts for headings (Arial, Verdana) and serif for body text (Times New Roman).
- Typical poster size is 36” x 24” or 42” x 48”
- Image resolution should be at least 150 dpi but no larger than 300 dpi
- Limit your file size to around 17MB
- SAVE your file to a flash drive as a .pdf for print
Maximum poster size: Smallest Dimension <= 42 inches
All files must be submitted as a .pdf.
- When working in PowerPoint be sure not to overlap text boxes.
- Make the most of the printer paper; try to use as much of the 42-in paper width to maximize cost efficiency.
- When you are ready to print, put your poster file on a flash drive and bring it to the appropriate person in the ITLL (see the hours section above).
- Posters require a 24-hour turnaround print time.
- Make sure you proof your poster before you bring it in. No Refunds.
- If your class or group is preparing for a poster session, please give the ITLL staff advanced notice to make sure enough paper and ink is on hand.
- Have an alternative printing source available in case we are not able to print your poster within your time frame. Other vendors: Ink Spot (at the UMC), Kinko’s Copy Experts, Eight Days a Week (CIRES).
Cost: $15 per linear foot (credit card) - Pay online or at the ITL kiosk, then write down your confirmation number.
$20 per linear foot (interdepartmental invoice)
IN (interdepartmental invoice): The top portion must be filled out by your department and the speedtype correct..
See Victoria Lanaghan in the ITL admin office 1B40 or call 303.492.7222