Resources » Printing Services
ITLL users receive $9.00 on their ITLL print account each semester. Additional funds may be added to your print balance through our online payment system. All prints are standard sized 8.5 x 11. The cost per page is 10 cents for black & white and 50 cents color. Canceled jobs will still deduct from your print balance.
The ITL Laboratory has a large-format printer for engineering students, staff, and faculty to print posters for coursework and research projects.
Creating Your Poster
- Use sans-serif fonts for headings (Arial, Verdana) and serif for body text (Times New Roman).
- Typical poster size is 42” x 26” or 36” x 48”.
- Our poster printer is configured for 1200 x 1200 dpi in both color and black & white.
- Maximum poster width is 42 inches
- Acceptable file formats are .pdf or .pptx. PDF is preferred.
- Use as much of the 42-in paper width as you can to maximize cost efficiency.
- When you are ready to print, put your poster file on a flash drive and bring it to the appropriate person in the ITLL (see the hours section above).
- Posters require a 24-hour turnaround print time. No exceptions.
- Make sure you proof your poster before you bring it in. No refunds.
- Alternative printing sources are available. Other vendors: Ink Spot (at the UMC), Kinko’s Copy Experts, Eight Days a Week (CIRES).
You'll need to fill out a poster printing form available at the ITLL Front Desk, Rm. 1B40. If you've already used our online payment system to pay for your poster, please bring your confirmation number and poster loaded on a USB drive with you. For interdepartment invoice (IN), you'll need to have your department fill out the top of our form with the appropriate Speedtype (ST) included.
|$7 per square foot||ITLL Online Payment|
|$8 per square foot||Interdepartmental Invoice (IN)|
Poster Printing Hours
All posters are printed in the evenings and are available at 8:30am on the next business day. No exceptions.
|Monday-Friday||8:00am - 5:00pm||ITLL Front Office, Rm. 1B40|
|Monday-Thursday||5:00pm - 8:00pm||Main lab. Plaza, Rm. 1B10. Find staff member wearing a purple vest.|
|Next Business Day||Anytime after 8:30am||Outside the ITLL Front Office, Rm. 1B40|
See Victoria Lanaghan in the ITLL admin office 1B40 or call 303.492.7222