Resources » Printing Services
Student Print Account
ITL network users receive $9 on their ITL print account each semester. So, for engineering students, this amounts to $9 in addition to the print credit made available at ITL computing labs. Additional prints may be purchased via credit or debit card using the online payment system. Print costs are 10 cents for each 8.5 x 11 black ink print and 50 cents for each 8.5 x 11 color ink print.
Note that the print quota software cannot tell if you cancel a print job; it deducts the pages from your quota for any print job you start, even if it does not actually print. Use caution when printing.
The ITL Laboratory has a large-format printer for engineering students, staff, and faculty to print posters for coursework and research projects.
Printing Hours (Posters are printed in the evenings only)
Regular Drop-off hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30 pm. **Summer Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:15 pm
Evening Drop-off hours: Monday - Thursday, 8:30 pm-midnight. Student Tech Staff in purple vests handle all evening drop-off hours.
Drop off your completed paperwork and jump drive to Victoria, Laura or a student Tech Staff member in the ITLL's main admin office, 1B40, or find a Student Tech Staff throughout the building after hours.
The one page paperwork must be picked up from 1B40, the ITLL's main admin office. It will include your file path to your poster PDF on your jump drive, and your payment form: (Confirmation number from your online payment or an I.N. from your department).
Creating Your Poster
- Create your poster as the finished size in PowerPoint. (e.g. 36" x 24").
- Use sans-serif fonts for headings (Arial, Verdana) and serif for body text (Times New Roman).
- Typical poster size is 36” x 24” or 42” x 48”.
- Image resolution should be at least 150 dpi but no larger than 300 dpi.
- Limit your file size to around 17MB.
- SAVE your file to a flash drive as a .pdf for print.
Maximum poster size: Smallest Dimension is 42 inches.
All files must be submitted as a .pdf.
- When working in PowerPoint be sure not to overlap text boxes.
- Make the most of the printer paper; try to use as much of the 42-in paper width to maximize cost efficiency.
- When you are ready to print, put your poster file on a flash drive and bring it to the appropriate person in the ITLL.
- Posters require a 24-hour turnaround print time. Posters are printed in the evenings Monday-Friday, and Sunday evenings as well.
- Make sure you proof your poster before you bring it in. No Refunds.
- If your class or group is preparing for a poster session, please give the ITLL staff advanced notice to make sure enough paper and ink is on hand.
- Have an alternative printing source available in case we are not able to print your poster within your time frame. Other vendors: Ink Spot (at the UMC), Kinko’s Copy Experts, Eight Days a Week (CIRES).
Cost: $15 per linear foot if you pay by credit card--Pay online or at the ITL kiosk, then don't forget to write down your confirmation number!
$20 per linear foot (Interdepartmental invoice)--
I.N. (Interdepartmental invoice): The top portion must be filled out by your department so the correct speedtype can be used.
See Victoria Lanaghan in the ITL admin office 1B40 or call 303.492.7222