Resources » Printing Services
Student Print Account
ITL network users receive $9 on their ITL print account each semester. Additional prints may be purchased via credit or debit card using the online payment system. Print costs are 10 cents for each 8.5 x 11 black ink print and 50 cents for each 8.5 x 11 color ink print.
Note that the print quota software cannot tell if you cancel a print job; it deducts the pages from your quota for any print job you start, even if it does not actually print.
If you need help printing, please stop by the Administration Office.
The ITL Laboratory has a large-format printer for engineering students, staff, and faculty to print posters for coursework and research projects.
Drop-off hours during the academic year are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Or, you may drop the poster request off with a member of our Student TechStaff during ITLL Extended Hours.
Drop-off hours during the summer are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm.
Posters are printed overnight for pick-up the next business day – they are not printed immediately.
Creating Your Poster
- Create your poster as the finished size in PowerPoint. (e.g. 36" x 24").
- Use sans-serif fonts for headings (Arial, Verdana) and serif for body text (Times New Roman).
- Typical poster size is 36” x 24” or 42” x 48”.
- Image resolution should be at least 150 dpi but no larger than 300 dpi.
- Limit your file size to around 17MB.
- SAVE your file to a flash drive as a .pdf for print.
- At least one side of the poster needs to be 42 inches or shorter.
- Make the most of the printer paper; try to use as much of the 42-in paper width to maximize cost efficiency.
- When you are ready to print, put your poster file on a flash drive and bring it to the front office or any Student TechStaff.
- Posters require a 24-hour turnaround print time. Posters are printed in the evenings Sunday-Thursday.
- Make sure you proof your poster before you bring it in. No Refunds.
- If your class or group is preparing for a poster session, please give the ITLL staff advanced notice to make sure enough paper and ink is on hand.
- Have an alternative printing source available in case we are not able to print your poster within your time frame. Other vendors: Ink Spot (at the UMC), Kinko’s Copy Experts, Eight Days a Week (CIRES).
$15 per linear foot if you pay by credit card.
- Pay online or at the ITL kiosk, then don't forget to write down your confirmation number!
$20 per linear foot if you pay with an Interdepartmental invoice (IN)
- INs must have an authorized signature and speedtype.
See Victoria Lanaghan in the ITL admin office 1B40 or call 303.492.7222