Equipment » Saw - Table
Saw - Table
10-inch Tilting Arbor Unisaw
This table saw cuts numerous types of materials.
It can make angled cuts tilted up to 45 degrees.
Use: Polymers, wood, thin aluminum
Do NOT Use: Steel, hazardous materials, some ductile materials (polycarbonates, for example, load up the teeth)
- In addition to the introductory safety workshop, you must have completed the Saws, Drills & Pneumatic Tools Workshop to use this machine.
- Check fence orientation before cutting. The metal fence has two possible positions, upright or on its side. Distances from the cutting blade are measured differently, depending on orientation.
- Always use a pusher stick to finish shearing off a piece of material and push the stock completely past the blade before turning the machine off. Never risk your hands!
- Always stand to the side of the cutting area to avoid pieces being thrown at the operator (YOU!).
- Be conscious of others behind you in the danger zone.
- Take special care when cutting polycarbonates and aluminum. They are very ductile (easily molded or shaped) and can load up the wheel, resulting in the piece being thrown at the operator.
- Always use the correct blade for the material being cut.
- Replacement blades cost $80.