Equipment » Bandsaw - Vertical
Bandsaw - Vertical
This machine is used for cutting irregular shapes.
Use: Wood, thin sheets of aluminum or steel, polymers
Do NOT Use: Hardened or very hard materials, polycarbonates, hazardous materials
- In addition to the introductory safety workshop, you must have completed the Saws, Drills & Pneumatic Tools Workshop to use this machine.
- This machine can cut up to 12-inch (maximum) material and uses two types of blades.
- Use the coarse blade for wood, thin sheets of aluminumm, polymers. It is important not to use the coarse blade on hard metals.
- Use the fine blade for thin sheets of steel. Use the fine tooth blade for hard materials at very slow speeds, or thin soft materials on high speed. When cutting steel, use low range for speed setting, otherwise the teeth will get mangled or shorn off the blade.
- Put the blade in correctly. Make sure the teeth are always facing down. Ask the shop manager if you are not sure.
- Replacement blades cost $20-30.
- When cutting round stock, make sure the material is fixtured NOT to spin and grab. Use the vice.
- Before turning on the machine, always check the speed and make sure the guard is slightly above the work piece thickness.
- Always use pusher sticks - don't risk your hands!