Equipment » Bandsaw - Horizontal
Testing Bandsaw - Horizontal
This bandsaw makes angled or straight cuts in metals.
Often used to cut round or square metals, usually bar stock or extrusions.
Use: Metals (usually with a circular or square cross-section), some plastics
Do not cut any material that is less than 1.5-inches thick. Thin material will damage the blade (replacement is $60-$120).
Do NOT Use: Wood, some plastics (may crack when cut so verify with shop manager that this is the proper machine to use)
- In addition to the introductory safety workshop, you must have completed the Saws, Drills & Pneumatic Tools Workshop to use this machine.
- Make sure you have accurately measured and marked where you want the cut in advance, since the machine does not have a ruler guide.
- This is a hydraulic machine. Before starting, make sure that the feed rate is set to 0 (dial on the upper right part of the machine) and lift the top. The top should not move down. Place the part in the holder.
- Position the blade above the material (not touching the material).
- Next, turn the machine on. Set the feed rate in the range of 1.5 - 2.5.