NSF GK-12 Fellows Program » Application
NSF GK-12 Eligibility Criteria
Fellowship candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled (or for new students, will be enrolled at the start of the Fellowship) as a full-time PhD-level engineering graduate student at CU-Boulder, with an energy or environmental research focus.
- Excellent academic record.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Interest in working with K-12 children.
- Interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education.
- Reliable vehicle (for travel between Boulder and assigned school in Longmont, Lafayette or Denver).
- U.S. citizenship or national/permanent residency.
The following criteria are also preferred:
- Demonstrated writing proficiency.
- Experience working with K-12 children in a classroom or camp setting.
- Interest in entering the professoriate upon completion of PhD.
In addition to completing the online information form below, please upload the following materials (carefully follow instructions below) by Friday, April 19, 2013:
- An application form (download here).
- A resume showing relevant education, work, research and teaching experience, volunteer work and publications.
- A personal statement, ~450 words, describing your educational and career goals and plans, your experiences and interests in teaching and educational research, and why you are interested in becoming a GK-12 Fellow.
If you're having trouble with the application. Try following these instructions. Help with application.
You may also e-mail the above materials to Janet Yowell (Janet.Yowell@Colorado.edu).