FAQ » Remote File Access
- How do I access my files on the ITL server remotely?
If you are trying to access your files when away from the CU-campus network, you will first need to connect to the CU-Boulder network via VPN. Please follow the instructions for using a VPN client on the ITS website, http://oit.colorado.edu/vpn. We recommend using the "Network Connect" client, http://oit.colorado.edu/services/network-internet-services/vpn/help/desktop-applications/network-connect.
After connecting to the CU network (via VPN for those off campus), you may access your files on the ITL server by mapping your student drive (i.e., your "Z:" drive). To map your drive:
- Right click on Computer and select Map Network Drive,
- Use any available drive letter for the new drive,
- Set the folder to \\itll-fs01.int.colorado.edu\student profiles\your-ITLL-logon for students or
set the folder to \\itll-fs01.int.colorado.edu\staff profiles\your-ITLL-login for staff,
- Select Finish.
- You will be asked for your ITL logon credentials when the system tries to connect to your ITL network drive. Append ITLL\ to your username; e.g. ITLL\username.
If you have problems, please contact email@example.com at 303-735-7551.