Equipment » Shear Break Roller
Testing Shear Break Roller
This 3-in-1 combination machine can cut, bend and curve lightweight metals such as steel, brass, bronze, copper, aluminum and ABS plastic.
- Ask for instruction before using for the first time.
- Caution: Make sure the material you use in the machine is within the capabilities of this machine. Refer to gage conversion on the counter for help. Excessive effort indicates inproper material thickness for the machine. If not sure, ask the shop manager.
Maximum thickness of materials allowed:
- Stainless Steel 22 gage 0.030 inches 0.76 mm
- Mild Steel 20 gage 0.036 inches 0.9 mm
- ½ Hard Brass 20 gage 0.036 inches 0.9 mm
- Soft Brass 18 gage 0.051 inches 1.30 mm
- Annealed Phosphorus Bronze 19 gage 0.041 inches 1.04 mm
- Soft Copper 18 gage 0.051 inches 1.30 mm
- Hard Copper 19 gage 0.041 inches 1.04 mm
- Aluminum 16 gage 0.060 inches 1.50 mm
- ABS Plastic NA 0.120 inches 3.04 mm
- To cut, bend or curve heavier gage materials, consider using a heavy duty machine located in the Aerospace Engineering Machine Shop located on the 1B level of the ASEN wing near the loading dock. Contact Matt Rhode.