Equipment » PC Board Etching Station
PC Board Etching Station
Super Fuser and WaveMaster Etching Tank
This equipment is used to make a permanent circuit board or make multiple copies of a circuit board without rewiring.
Using this equipment, you can etch single and double circuit boards (non through-plated).
- Print out the artwork for a printed circuit board using any CAD software.
- Run the artwork, photographic paper and a copper-clad blank PC board through the SuperFuser, which uses heated rollers to apply toner to the copper surface using the artwork pattern. Copper-clad blank PC board is available for purchase in the Electronics Center.
- After a 5-10 minute water soak in a nearby sink, the paper releases, leaving the artwork image in toner on the copper surface.
- Ten minutes in the Wave Master etching tank etches away areas without toner, leaving copper traces of the circuit board pattern.
- After cleaning thoroughly, use the metal shear and dremmel drill to finish the circuit board.